14 Jul Exotic Lamb Stew
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1kg diced lamb shoulder
1 medium onion, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
5 whole cloves garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons tomato paste
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1 tablespoon honey
2. Reduce the heat to medium & add the garlic, onions and carrots
3. Stir in the fresh ginger and tomato paste, then return the lamb to the pan and stir in the lemon zest, chicken stock, apricots, and honey.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender.
5. About 45 minutes before the lamb is done, cut potatoes 4 ways and place into oven to roast
6. Stir the roasted potatoes into the stew.